My head is bursting with thoughts this morning, none of which would make a post. So, it’s time for a list.
1. I’ve been obsessed with the story of Jaycee Dugard. OH. My. Gosh. I can’t even imagine the grief of her parents, knowing that girl has been imprisoned in someone’s backyard for 18 years. And then to think of HER two daughters who are going to one day realize they have been completely deprived of their lives. That story certainly gives me a whole new perspective when I am tempted to whine about the weather or having nothing “fun” to do.
2. I got a new kitchen appliance. I have never in my life had a toaster oven. Aren’t you supposed to get one of those when you are single and just out of college? I am loving it! Now I can cook a frozen pizza or chicken nuggets without heating up the whole kitchen. And it makes great toast!
It’s also a convection oven, so I guess I could cook a whole chicken if I wanted to. Now, if I only wanted to, I would be ready.
3. I’ve been trying to convince my husband that I’m actually fatter than I look. The poor guy. What can he possibly say to this? I stick out my stomach to try to demonstrate. His comment: “I’m not impressed.”
4. My 4-year-old niece stayed with us the past two days. She is a riot. The kids play so well together just having that one extra person in the mix. I got to experience what it was like toting around four kids, instead of three.
My niece has some unique food preferences. She loves foods with a little zing, like salami, salsa and tomatoes. I asked her if she would like a pear, and she wasn’t sure at first. But then she dipped it in some ketchup and thought it was perfect.
All three of my kids love her, but my oldest son has a special “big brother” relationship with her. Here they are at 6 a.m. yesterday, playing Princess Memory.
5. And that reminds me. It’s my goal to start getting myself ready to start the day by 8 a.m. so I will be ready to begin home school on Monday. It’s 8:41, and I am just getting out of bed. Maybe school should start at 10?
So, tell me about some of the random thoughts in your head this morning. What’s on your mind?