OK… So, I’ve learned a lot over the past few days about blogging. (Please keep reading because there IS something special coming…)
1. It’s very difficult to detect extreme sarcasm in the written word. If you write something super sarcastic, you should include a line somewhere that says, “I’m kidding.”
2. Lots more people read your blog than you know.
3. Those special ones who comment are extra special and you should never take them for granted. (More about this coming up.)
4. If people take the time to comment, you should offer them feedback, even if you didn’t think anyone would check back to see what you had written.
5. Blogging is, for the most part, a one-way conversation, so if you have even ONE person who bothers to read your ranting and raving, you should tell that person THANK YOU! They have just offered you their precious time in life.
So, in the spirit of Thanksgiving and just to really say THANK YOU to my wonderful readers, I would like to give you a cute little gift. It’s not expensive, but I think it’s cute, and I would like to send you a gift as my way of saying thank you for reading my blog. By the way, I’M ABSOLUTELY SERIOUS! (I know the word “cute” would scare off any man, but if you are a man, I think you might like it, too.)
ALL you have to do is leave me a comment on this topic:
I’ve been wanting to make my content a little bit more specific. Some ideas I had were my weekly meal plans, recipes, tips that make life easier, inspirational quotes from books I’m reading … stuff like that.
I stumbled on a blog today where this woman writes a post EVERY SINGLE DAY for the entire year about something to make in the crock pot, along with photos and recipes. Now THAT’S a unique idea!! Other people write blogs about arts and crafts, cars, country music, travel… you name it and there’s a blog about it.
So, what would YOU write about in a blog? Or what would topic would interest you to READ IN a blog? Or what topic do you think I should include in mine?? Or if you have a blog, feel free to promote it here. If you don’t have an idea, just leave any type of comment.
Leave me a comment by Monday night and I will send you my thank you gift. If you don’t have a google account, just click “anonymous” and you will be able to write your comment. If I don’t know you, please also e-mail me with your mailing address so I can send the gift. My e-mail is firstname.lastname@example.org.
And if I haven’t said it already: THANK YOU for reading! =]